The XEOMIN® Xperience
As a way to thank you for your interest in the XEOMIN® program at Konikoff Dentistry, we’re offering a $100 savings VISA card you can use for your treatment. Here’s how it works.
To get $100 off your XEOMIN® treatment, follow these simple steps.
- Register at the XperienceProgram.com website to receive your $100 savings card.
- A card will ship within five business days.
- Once you receive your card, click here to find a provider in your area.
- Call to schedule your appointment and tell the office that you’re using the $100 savings card.
- When you arrive in the office on your treatment day, bring the card and remind the office you will be using a Xperience program card for $100 off your treatment.
- At the end of your treatment, receive an activation PIN from your practitioner. Call the 800 number on the back of the card and enter the activation PIN to load the $100 on your card.
XEOMIN® IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
XEOMIN® may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems anytime (hours to week) after treatment with XEOMIN®:
- Problems with swallowing, speaking, or breathing. These problems can happen hours to weeks after an injection of XEOMIN® if the muscles that you use to breathe and swallow become weak after the injection. Death can happen as a complication if you have severe problems with swallowing or breathing after treatment with XEOMIN®.
- People with certain breathing problems may need to use muscles in their neck to help them breathe. These patients may be at greater risk for serious breathing problems with XEOMIN®.
Additional Important Safety Information
Indication & Usage
XEOMIN® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a short period of time (temporary).
Swallowing problems may last for several months. People who cannot swallow well may need a feeding tube to receive food and water. If swallowing problems are severe, food or liquids may go into your lungs. People who already have swallowing or breathing problems before receiving XEOMIN® have the highest risk of getting these problems.
Spread of toxin effects. In some cases, the effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas of the body away from the injection site and cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism. The symptoms of botulism include:
- loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body
- double vision
- blurred vision and drooping eyelids
- hoarseness or change of loss of voice
- trouble saying words clearly
- loss of bladder control
- trouble breathing
- trouble swallowing
These problems could make it unsafe for you to drive a car or do other dangerous activities.
Active Ingredient: incobotulinumtoxinA
Purpose: acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting
Do not use XEOMIN if you are allergic to XEOMIN® or any of the ingredients in XEOMIN® (see the end of this Medication Guide for a list of ingredients in XEOMIN®), had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin products such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC), or abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Ask a doctor before use if you:
- have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- have allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- have had any side effect from any other botulinum toxin in the past
- have a breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- have a history of swallowing problems or inhaling food or fluid into your lungs (aspiration)
- have bleeding problems
- have drooping eyelids
- have plans to have surgery
- have had surgery on your face
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if XEOMIN® can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if XEOMIN® passes into breast milk.
XEOMIN is not recommended for use in children younger than 18 years of age.
Tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions and all of the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received XEOMIN in the past.
Especially tell your doctor if you
- have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last four months
- have received injections of botulinum toxin such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC) and abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) in the past. Be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received. The dose of XEOMIN® may be different from other botulinum toxin products that you have received.
- have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- take muscle relaxants
- take an allergy or cold medicine
- take a sleep medicine
- take a blood thinner medicine
Ask your doctor if you are not sure if your medicine is one that is listed above.
Possible Side Effects
XEOMIN can cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. See “Warnings.”
Headache was the most common side effect of XEOMIN for treatment of glabellar lines. Other possible side effects include:
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- muscle weakness
- eye problems, including: double vision, blurred vision, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes. Reduced blinking can also occur. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have eye pain or irritation following treatment.
XEOMIN may cause other serious side effects including allergic reactions. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to XEOMIN® may include: itching, rash, redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you get wheezing or asthma symptoms, or if you get dizzy or faint.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of XEOMIN®. For more information, talk to your doctor.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1‑800‑FDA‑1088.
- XEOMIN® is a shot (injection) that your doctor will give you.
- XEOMIN® is injected into your affected muscles.
- Your doctor may change your dose of XEOMIN® until you and your doctor find the best dose for you.
Inactive Ingredients human albumin and sucrose
Read the Medication Guide before you start receiving XEOMIN® and each time XEOMIN® is given to you as there may be new information. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more:
- Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist
- Visit www.xeominaesthetic.com to obtain the FDA-approved product labeling
- Call 1-866-862-1211
Please click for XEOMIN Full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide. XEOMIN is a registered trademark of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA. BOTOX is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc. DYSPORT is a registered trademark of Ipsen Biopharm Limited Company. MYOBLOC is a registered trademark of Solstice Neurosciences, Inc.