Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think with teeth bleaching. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple “teeth bleaching” procedure. Dental bleaching can be used to correct many tooth discolorations. These discolorations may have been caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, crowns or veneers may be the only choice. But because of the low cost of bleaching treatments, teeth bleaching is nearly always worth a solid try. Please call us for a consultation if you are considering getting bleaching.
Teeth bleaching is safe, quick, and inexpensive. Just let us know at any appointment if you would like to begin teeth bleaching. You can lighten only your upper teeth or both the upper and lower, depending on how much of each shows when you talk and smile. Our first step in custom teeth bleaching is to make sure that your gums and teeth are healthy.
Next, we will take an impression of your teeth. Then, custom bleach trays are made from these impressions and can be picked up from your dental office in only a day or two. We will provide you with a special bleaching agent that you put into the clear, almost invisible trays. The special teeth bleaching agent bubbles stains right out of your enamel in a very short time without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way. When your teeth reach the brightness you want, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile. We’ll want to take before and “after” photos after your bleaching procedure to show off your beautiful smile!
How does teeth bleaching whiten?
- Corrects brown, yellow and mottled tooth staining
- Works on people of all ages.
- Is a near permanent solution for a “dull” smile, restoring brightness and bringing a smile alive.
- The impression that was taken to make a specialized “mouthguard” or “stent” will hold the bleach against your teeth. The material is used each night for about 3-4 hours for a week or two, after which significant teeth whitening will occur. In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant. For confidence in appearance, bleaching technology offers improvements in yellowing, aging or stained teeth. For very severely stained teeth, crowns or veneers may be more appropriate.
- Over-the-counter teeth bleaching agents are available at drug stores and pharmacies. However, since these products can harm the gums and teeth, it’s better to use products that our practice recommends.