Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
- Staying Safe while Playing Soccer and other Sports: The University of Michigan offers tips on how to stay injury-free while playing youth soccer and other sports.
- KidsHealth.org – Soccer Safety: KidsHealth.org discusses the importance of safety in soccer and provides information on preventing soccer injuries on the field.
- Soccer Safety and Injury Prevention: Oregon Health and Science University provides safety tips for soccer safety on the field and dealing with soccer equipment.
- Soccer Safety: familyeducation.com provides safety guidelines on the proper soccer equipment and the hidden dangers of the sport.
- Causes of Head Injuries in Soccer: the National Academies Press provides an in depth look at the causes of head injuries in soccer.
- Sports Safety Tips: Covering all sports, not just soccer, this website is a great place to start when learning how to prevent youth sports injuries.
- Tips to Prevent Soccer Injuries: this website provides a wonderful collection of soccer safety tips to avoid injuries on and off the field.
- Soccer – Preventing Injuries: The Better Health Channel provides and excellent overview of all things related to safety when playing soccer.
Drills for Soccer Practice
- Soccer Drills for Beginners: if you are a beginner soccer player, this web page provides a great overview of practice drills with diagrams and images.
- Drills by Amplified Soccer Training: a great collection of animated videos providing soccer drills for all ages.
- Drills and Practice Plans: soccer plans and drills that are printable, for ages 4 and up.
- Tips and Drills for Soccer Practice: over 160 soccer drills for both beginner and experienced coaches for youth soccer teams.
- Practice Plans & Drills: printable practice plans and drills for ages four through adult.
- Coaching for Soccer 101: Coaching Soccer 101 has both activities and drills that cover the ages of 6 years old up to 14 years old.
- Soccer Practice Plans and Drills: this collection of soccer links covers a slew of different drills and practice plans for soccer players of all ages.
- Soccer Defending Drills: Using graphics to provide visual aid, this website provides a big selection of drills for defense in soccer.
- Youth Soccer Drills: a huge collection of youth/beginner soccer drills. click the individual name of the soccer drill to see an in depth description of the drill.
Tips and Skills Useful for Soccer
- Tips and Drills for Soccer Defense: a video library that teaches viewers how to execute different soccer maneuvers and defense tactics.
- Techniques and Tips for Effective Soccer Shooting: This website provides 7 tips for perfect soccer shooting and proper kicking form.
- How to Shoot with Power and Accuracy: learn how to shoot a soccer ball with the most power and accuracy as soccer superstars!
- A Coach’s Guide to Defending: perfect for a new soccer coach, this website provides examples of drills for defense in soccer.
- Coaching Points for Every Major Soccer Technique (PDF): The US Youth Soccer Coaching Education Department has provided a manual for teaching just about every soccer technique there is!
Camps and Organizations for Soccer
- AYSO Website: The official website of the American Youth Soccer Organization.
- US Soccer Member Organizations: This is a list of official US soccer organizations by state.
- USA Website: The United Soccer Academy is a complete soccer service which offers soccer training, camps and more to soccer players of all ages.
- U.S. Youth Soccer: A nonprofit organization that grows and develops America’s youth in soccer skills of all ages and levels.
- United Soccer Academy: The USA provides information on programs, camps, club services and jobs surrounding the sport of soccer.
- Soccer Without Boarders: this organization aims to build tolerance and inclusion of all races and people through the game of soccer.
- Play Soccer Nonproft International: This is the website of an international, nonprofit soccer league that encourages and teaches kids throughout the world to participate in soccer/football.
- Grassroots Soccer: Grassroots Soccer is a health organization, which uses the influence of soccer to educate at-risk youths in developing countries about health and disease.
- Soccer in the Streets: This organization uses soccer to empower youths in hopes to develop and mentor them into employable adults.
Miscellaneous Resources for Soccer Players and Coaches
- Junior Soccer Coach: This website features soccer articles, video lessons and soccer tutorials for both coaching and playing soccer.
- Coaching Soccer 101: Here soccer coaches can find soccer drills and activities that are separated according to age group.
- Soccer Rules Overview: here is a quick overview of the rules of a soccer game.
- How to Coach Youth Soccer: Planning is key when you’re a soccer coach! This website provides soccer warm-ups, practice organization techniques, and soccer drills.
- History of Football from FIFA.com: FIFA provides and in depth look at the origins of soccer – aka football!
- Berkley Rec Sports Soccer Rules: Berkley University has provide soccer rules that are based on FIFA Laws of the Game.
- US Soccer Position Numbers and Numbering System: An in depth look at the US Soccer positioning and number system for soccer games. Diagrams provide clear examples of what the players positions are and where they belong on the field.