We are open - safety is our top priority!
Bright, pearly white teeth are a hallmark of good dental health. Unfortunately, the aging process often causes stains to accumulate on the tooth enamel, causing discoloration. With the help of a teeth bleaching dentist, you can restore your smile’s natural radiance.
Why Should You Get Professional Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening in Suffolk is a safe, affordable procedure that can boost your confidence. Also known as power bleaching, in-office teeth whitening is closely monitored by a dentist and produces consistent, lasting results. The teeth whitening procedure is recommended for those with discoloration caused by certain foods and beverages; it is not effective for tetracycline stains or those caused by internal problems.
Professional-Grade Teeth Whitening at Home
In addition to our in-house teeth whitening services, we provide take-home whitening trays to those wishing to obtain a brighter smile while relaxing at home. These trays are created using impressions of your teeth, which are taken at our office. A professional-grade gel is included with your teeth whitening kit and is applied to the trays. The trays are worn one hour per day for two weeks and can brighten your smile up to six shades.
How Much Does Teeth Bleaching Cost?
Several factors affect the cost of teeth whitening in Suffolk, including the type of whitening treatment used, the number of treatments needed, and any required follow-up visits. At your consultation, we’ll evaluate your dental needs and provide an estimate of the total charges.
Professional vs. Do-It-Yourself Teeth Whitening Products
If you’ve ever considered teeth whitening, it’s likely that you’ve noticed multiple teeth whitening strips, toothpastes, and other products while at the drugstore. While these products can improve the color of your teeth, they simply won’t create the uniform, lasting results provided by professional teeth bleaching. Plus, there is a risk of damaging your gums if over-the counter products are applied incorrectly. With teeth whitening from our office, you can brighten your teeth quickly and safely.
What Should I Expect During a Teeth Bleaching Procedure?
The teeth whitening procedure typically involves several steps. Here’s what to expect when you have your teeth professionally brightened by an experienced dentist:
- First, the dentist will prepare your teeth for the procedure with an exam and cleaning. Photos may be taken of your teeth, which help the dentist determine what shade is best for you.
- Then, you’ll relax as the dentist places a cheek retractor in your mouth, which allows him or her to access your visible teeth.
- A protective liquid is applied along the gum line, which shields them from the teeth whitening agent.
- Several layers of teeth whitening gel will be applied, and they may be left in place for a predetermined time period.
- A light may be used to expedite the process or enhance results.
- Once the procedure is complete, the dentist will examine your smile to ensure the desired shade was achieved.
A bright and beautiful smile is possible with the help of a teeth bleaching dentist. To find out what changes are possible with our cosmetic teeth bleaching services, give our office a call today.