Konikoff Dental Associates Edinburgh
236 Carmichael Way, Suite 312, Chesapeake, VA 23322
At Konikoff Dental Associates Edinburgh, we understand that the world of dental insurance can be confusing under the best of circumstances. That is why our staff is always happy to help you find a dentist in Chesapeake by insurance so that you can receive affordable dental care. We can also answer your insurance-related questions, such as, “How can I find out how to use my dental insurance with a dentist in Chesapeake?”
If you have an employer-sponsored dental plan, your benefits, premiums, and fees were negotiated by your employer on your behalf. Depending on how much of the cost of the coverage that your employer has agreed to absorb, you may pay a different price for a service than your neighbor who has the same insurance provider but works for a different company.
Your provider choices and costs are also determined by whether you have a plan that requires you to see a dentist that accepts HMO insurance or a dentist that accepts PPO insurance. HMO plans have the lowest premiums and fees, but you must choose from a list of pre-approved dentists. PPO plans allow you more flexibility in selecting a provider, but they come with a higher price tag.
While we can help you find a dentist in Chesapeake by insurance, we recommend directing specific benefit questions to your provider. The following are questions that you should ask your insurance carrier before using your benefits:
• How do I find out which dentist takes my insurance if I need dental services while traveling?
• How do I find a specialty dentist that takes insurance?
• What are my options if there is not a dentist near me who accepts my insurance?
• Does my plan have a deductible?
• How much is my annual benefit allowance?
• Am I limited to a certain number of visits per year?
• Are orthodontic services covered?
• Are cosmetic and reconstructive services covered?
• Are dentures and dental implants covered?
• Do I have to pay an office visit fee each time I visit the dentist?
• Is there a waiting period before I receive full benefits?
• Do services have to be authorized in advance?
Since we accept a number of different dental plans, we are able to work closely with you to keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum. We will keep you informed of your covered treatment options so that you can find the most appropriate treatment for your needs and budget. We understand that unexpected dental expenses can put a strain on the family budget, so we also offer flexible financing plans. As the patient, however, you do bear the final responsibility for the cost of any services.
Whether you need help finding a dentist or want to take the first step toward a more beautiful smile, contact us today at (757) 585-3707 for more information about our services and the dental plans that we accept.