We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Have you noticed stains or discoloration on the surface of your teeth? Discoloration of the teeth is a common problem that often becomes more pronounced as you age. Fortunately, visiting a skilled teeth bleaching dentist can help you restore your smile’s natural glow.
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Right for Me?
If your teeth are stained due to smoking or certain foods and beverages, in-office teeth whitening may be right for you. With chairside teeth whitening, the dentist uses a highly concentrated gel formula that produces fast and reliable results. The procedure is carefully monitored, ensuring safety and comfort. Keep in mind that in-office teeth bleaching is most effective on stains on the enamel; it won’t correct discoloration caused by internal issues.
How Can I Brighten My Teeth at Home?
In addition to chairside teeth whitening, we offer the option of brightening your teeth in the comfort of your own home. When you choose this option, the dentist will create impressions that serve as the blueprint for custom whitening trays. A professional-grade gel is included, which is used alongside the trays. You’ll wear the teeth whitening trays one hour per day for about two weeks. Teeth whitening at home can help you brighten your teeth by up to six shades.
How Much Does Teeth Whitening Cost?
Several factors determine the cost of teeth whitening in Chesapeake. The type of teeth whitening treatment chosen, the number of treatments necessary, and any follow-up appointments will determine the charges. To learn more about the teeth bleaching cost, contact our office to book an appointment.
What’s the Difference Between Professional and DIY Teeth Whitening Products?
Professional teeth bleaching gel is more powerful and creates longer lasting results than do-it-yourself options. While over-the-counter whitening products can improve discoloration, they can irritate the gums or cause uneven results if used improperly. Only a procedure administered by an experienced teeth bleaching dentist eliminates the risk of user error.
The Teeth Whitening Procedure: What Should I Expect?
Receiving a teeth whitening treatment usually involves multiple steps. Here’s what typically occurs during a teeth whitening appointment:
- First, the dentist will clean and evaluate your teeth to ensure you are a good candidate for teeth whitening.
- Then, photos may be taken of your teeth to determine what shade is best for you. They also may be used to keep track of your whitening progress.
- A cheek retractor will be placed in the mouth, which gives the dentist access to the visible teeth.
- A protective liquid is applied to the gums, which protects them from the highly concentrated gel.
- Several layers of whitening gel are applied to the teeth, which each coating left in place for a predetermined amount of time. A light may be used to speed up the whitening process.
- After the final layer is applied, the dentist will determine whether the desired shade was achieved.
Give your confidence a boost with a bright, healthy-looking smile. Contact us now to find out more about cosmetic teeth whitening in Chesapeake.