We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
All About Veganism
- About Veganism: Learn all about veganism by clicking this informative link to the Vegan.org website. This page reviews the impact of becoming a vegan and how it helps the environment, animals, and one’s health.
- Veganism in a Nutshell: On this page of the Vegetarian Resource Group’s website, visitors are given a fact sheet of information such as what a vegan is, why one should become a vegan, and dietary guidelines.
- 12 Things You Need to Know Before Going Vegan: Anyone who is thinking about becoming a vegan should click this link to read a Health magazine article about it.
- Vegan Food Guide: The difference between being a vegan and a vegetarian can be confusing, but it is explained in detail in this guide on vegan food.
- A Balanced Diet for Vegans: Read this article for information about what vegans eat, shopping tips, reference intakes, perfect portions, and meal suggestions.
- Six Do’s and Don’ts for First-Time Vegans: Get valuable tips on what to do or not do as a new vegan by viewing this slide show.
Vegan Recipes on a Budget
- Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes: People who click this link will find a two-ingredient recipe.
- Banana Berry Breakfast Smoothie: When looking for an inexpensive, vegan breakfast option, click on this link to try this smoothie recipe from the Veganuary website.
- Sweet Potato Scramble: By making this simple sweet potato-based scramble, you can have a dairy-free and frugal breakfast in as little as 15 minutes.
- Fresh, Fast, and Frugal Vegan Recipes (PDF): On this page, you’ll find a document of inexpensive vegan meal ideas, tips, and recipes.
- Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts: This easy-to-prepare roasted vegetable dish cooks in 15 to 20 minutes and can be served either hot or at room temperature.
- Ethiopian-Style Green Beans: Visit this page when you’re looking for a simple vegetable side-dish.
- Balsamic Glazed Roasted Cauliflower: People who are looking for a filling meal should click this link for a roasted cauliflower recipe that includes fresh ingredients such as green beans, tomatoes, and onions.
- Spicy Vegetable Tagine With Couscous: In only 45 minutes, you can prepare this spicy dish that serves up to four people. The vegetables used to make this recipe include eggplant, carrots, zucchini, onion, and red bell pepper.
- Portobello Lettuce Cups With Ahiflower Romesco Sauce: Help take care of your loved ones’ teeth and gums by seeking quality family dentistry and by preparing them meals like this light vegan dish, which contains omega-3 fatty acids that are good for periodontal health.
- The Pumpkin Pie Recipe to Please Everyone at the Table: Pumpkin pie is a tradition for holidays such as Thanksgiving, and this recipe from The Daily Texan is vegan-friendly.
- Grains and Greens Recipes (PDF): When looking for an assortment of vegan desserts, review this document for recipes that include zucchini brownies, summer cobbler, and mojito avocado cupcakes.
- Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake: Chocolate cake is a popular treat, and when you click this link, you’ll find expert tips and the recipe for both the cake and its frosting.
- Vegan Raspberry Macarons: Explore using aquafaba when you click this link to the Chowhound website to make tasty raspberry macarons.
- Irresistible Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites: People who click this link to the Food Network Canada website can try bite-size cheesecake treats that are vegan, raw, and gluten-free.
- Creole Noodles: Vegan cooks can click this link to make this noodle recipe, which includes ingredients such as okra, tomatoes, bell pepper, and pinto or kidney beans.
- Vegan Pasta Recipes: Visit this Martha Stewart page and scroll through the slideshow for a number of vegan pasta dishes and their full recipes.
- Vegan Fettucini With Creamy Walnut Sauce: To prepare this creamy vegan pasta dish, click this link for the recipe.
- Vegan Pasta Recipes That Taste Anything But: Vegans who visit this Greatist page will find recipes for some great pasta dishes.
- Spinach Fettuccine With Tangy Grilled Summer Squash: Summer squash, spinach fettuccine, and mint leaves are some of the ingredients used to make this flavorful pasta dish.
- The Difference Between Tempeh, Tofu, and Seitan: Learn the difference between tempeh, tofu, and seitan by clicking this link to view a slide show that provides an image and description of each.
- Crispy Szechuan-Style Eggplant and Tofu: Intermediate cooks can try this recipe that uses extra-firm tofu and eggplant to create this crispy Szechuan-style dish.
- Spicy Tempeh Tacos: When in the mood for spicy vegan tacos, click this link for a recipe that uses organic soy tempeh and corn tortillas.
- Seitan Tacos With Homemade Flatbreads and Cucumber Dressing: Make seitan tacos by using these recipes for the seitan, the minty marinade, flatbreads, and creamy cucumber dressing.
- Sizzling Seitan Burgers: Bake or pan-fry these seitan burgers, which are served on a whole-wheat bun with vegan mayonnaise.
- Vegan Black Bean Soup Recipe: Visit CSU Northridge’s website for a healthy soup that is both easy to make and friendly to a college student’s budget.
- Pomegranate Soup: Pomegranate soup is a great winter or early spring dish. The Institute of Culinary Education provides readers with a recipe for this soup, courtesy of Chef Louisa Shafia.
- Vegan Recipes: Find recipes for black bean and beet burgers, cornmeal waffles, and dill ranch dressing on the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine website.
- Shiitake Mushroom Consommé: Learn how to make this soup based on the flavorful shiitake mushroom.
- Three Fall Vegan Recipes to Try: The University Star newspaper at Texas State University offers readers recipes to make vegan mac and cheese, broccoli soup, and pumpkin pasta.
Vegan Replacement Ideas and Measurements
- The Ultimate Vegan Baking Cheat Sheet: Click this link for a PDF giving substitutes for eggs, milk, and butter.
- Five Vegan Substitutes for Eggs in Baking: Silken tofu, baking soda and vinegar, and flaxseed are some of the ideas that Kitchn offers readers for making their recipes work without using eggs.
- Vegan Dairy Substitutes: Visit The Spruce for information about how soy-based products, nutritional yeast, rice milk, and other vegan-friendly foods and additives can provide an adequate substitute for dairy products.
- Everything You Need to Know About Aquafaba, the Vegan Wonder Ingredient: Bon Appetit has an article that explains how chickpea liquid, or “aquafaba,” can serve as a replacement in recipes calling for egg whites.
- 34 Brilliant Ingredient Swaps That Make Any Recipe Vegan: Go to the Fitness magazine website to learn about the many ingredients that vegans can use to substitute for dairy and meat products.