(800) SMILE-23 | (800) 764-5323
As you age, the long-term consumption of certain foods and beverages can cause the tooth enamel to appear stained. If discolored teeth are affecting your self-confidence, visit our office to find out whether teeth whitening in South Hampton Roads is right for you.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
If you are unhappy with the color of your teeth, you may be wondering if seeing a teeth bleaching dentist is right for you. One of the benefits of professional teeth bleaching is that it’s safe – the procedure is completely monitored and administered by a dentist. The bleaching gel used by dentists is very concentrated, which produces long-lasting results. Keep in mind that in-office teeth whitening is best for those who have discoloration due to the long-term use of tobacco or consumption of certain beverages. It may not be effective if there are problems within the teeth that are causing the discoloration.
Can You Professionally Whiten Teeth at Home?
Brightening your teeth in the comfort of your own home is possible with our in-home teeth whitening services. To create your kit for teeth whitening at home, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth. The impressions are used to fabricate custom trays, which are filled with a professional-grade whitening solution. After wearing the trays one hour per week for two weeks, your teeth may be up to six shades brighter.
What is the Cost of Teeth Whitening in South Hampton Roads?
Cost is often a primary concern for those undergoing cosmetic treatment, which may not be covered by insurance. The teeth bleaching cost is calculated based on the treatment selected and how many appointments are needed to achieve the desired results. Please call us for more information regarding pricing and payment.
Comparing Professional and DIY Teeth Whitening Products
Professional-grade teeth whitening gels are more powerful and produce quicker, more reliable outcomes than over-the-counter options. While you may notice improvement after using an over-the-counter teeth whitening toothpaste or strip, the results can be uneven. Plus, these treatments can irritate the gums when used improperly. Seeing an experienced teeth bleaching dentist allows you to brighten your smile effectively and safely.
What Happens During the Teeth Whitening Procedure?
In-office teeth bleaching procedure steps usually vary depending on the type of brightening treatment used. The following describes a typical chairside teeth whitening procedure administered by a dentist.
- To begin, the dentist will examine and clean your teeth, ensuring they are ready to be whitened. He or she also may take photos to determine which natural-looking shade is best for you.
- Then, the dentist will use a cheek retractor, which gives him or her access to your teeth. A protective gel is applied to the gums, which shields them from the teeth whitening agent.
- The dentist then applies several layers of teeth whitening gel, depending on the desired shade. A light may be used to enhance the results.
- After the final layer is added, the color of your teeth will be evaluated. If you’re not completely satisfied with the results, a follow-up teeth whitening appointment can be scheduled.
Achieving a glamorous smile is possible with the help of a skilled cosmetic dentist. Contact us now to learn more about our affordable teeth whitening services.